Most of the time, when I recommend looking at places in Silver Bluff to my customers, I’m met with a blank stare. A little known area right outside Coral Gables off Coral Way (zip code 33133 & 33145), Silver Bluff is one of the best and most affordable residential neighborhoods in the city. Often grouped in with the Gables, Brickell Hammocks or The Roads, there are few “secrets” in the Miami real estate market, and this is most certainly one of them.
As I mentioned in my last post, I would never sell a house I wouldn’t live in, and just as importantly, I would never sell a house in a neighborhood I wouldn’t live in either. So that would be why Silver Bluff comes so highly recommended by me—I live there! Therefore you have a relator’s stamp of approval of the area, and let me tell you a few reasons why…
- Proximity: Silver Bluff is close to everything in Miami. Only 5-7 minutes to Coconut Grove, 10-15 minutes to Brickell and Coral Gables and 15-20 minutes to South Beach.
- Safety: The area has a low crime rating.
- Neighborhood: Silver Bluff is known as being a calm, residential area with lots of trees, ample parking and families. Relationships with neighbors are important here, and there is a real sense of community.
- Investment: Buying a house here is a good investment with growing property values, and a much lower selling price than other areas in Miami. This is a great place for a first investment or first home because you get a lot of bang for your buck. Being so close to so many desirable areas in the city, there is only room to grow.
- Schools: There are three schools in the area, and the Silver Bluff Elementary School is graded “A”—perfect for all the families in the area.
If the above still hasn’t convinced you and you would like to check out the neighborhood yourself, I’ll let you in on a few local Silver Bluff “secrets”:
For wine lovers, Xixón Cafe , hip & modern Spanish eatery with multiple levels including dining room, wine cellar & bakery/deli, located on 21st and Coral Way, El Carajo is a must. Hidden away inside the BP gas station on 17th Ave and US1, they serve Spanish tapas and have an amazing bakery. At the Mighty Gastropub on Coral Way and 22nd Ave, they serve craft beer, sausages with an ambiance you can’t beat. Daily Bread Marketplace, boasts some of Miami’s best Mediterranean Food, and is located on 24 Ave and 27th St. And if you’re looking a twist on a Latin classic, Casabe 305 offers an incredible fare of Caribbean-Venezuelan Fusion and is located on Coral Way and 17th Ave.
So whether as a place to grab a great bite, an investment, a first home to raise your family or just as someone seeking refuge from the city and its high rent, Silver Bluff is a fantastic option. In fact, if you are interested in taking a look, I would be more than happy to meet you at any of our local spots and discuss your options and the places currently available.
My goal is to help you, even if we aren’t in direct contact, and I’d love to hear from you with any questions.
Interested in Selling, Buying, Renting, Investing in Brickell, Downtown, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables, Silver Bluff, Doral and surrounding areas? Call me 786.554.8063 or email me George@GeorgeAssal.com, I can help, because working with someone who knows the numbers and area is crucial.