Like the guy in the video says, the two do not really compare at all. The one advantage of renting is being generally free of most maintenance responsibilities. But by renting, you lose the chance to build equity take advantage of tax benefits and protect yourself against rent increases.Also, you may be at the mercy of the landlord for housing. Owning a home has many benefits. When you make a mortgage payment, you are building equity increasing YOUR net worth. Owning a home also qualifies you for tax breaks that assist you in dealing with your new financial responsibilities like insurance, real estate taxes, and upkeep which can be substantial. But given the freedom, stability, and security of owning your own home they are worth it.
2. Get Comparisons Ask for Comparative Market Analysis – comps – from several agents. Go through each comp with each agent to understand both competitive homes on the market AND each agents potential approach to yours.
3. Market Research. Do your own! – not just online, but in person. That will help you understand your market conditions and the buyers perspective realistically. Markets get hot and cold, up and down, and yours defines the sales envelope for your home.
5. It is Not Personal. The hardest tip of all. Most people are emotional about their home. Pricing, in the long run, is going to logical. Theyre buying your house,not your home & memories. Find a real estate professional you like and trustand let them help you through the process.
As a seller, you will be most concerned about ‘short term price’ – where home values are headed over the next six months. As a buyer, you must be concerned not about price but instead about the ‘long term cost’ of the home.
The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA), the National Association of Realtors, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac all projected that mortgage interest rates will increase by about three-quarters of a percentage point over the next twelve months.
According to CoreLogic’s most recent Home Price Index Report, home prices will appreciate by 5.2% over the next 12 months.
What Does This Mean as a Buyer?
Here is a simple demonstration of what impact an interest rate increase would have on the mortgage payment of a home selling for approximately $250,000 today if home prices appreciate by the 5.2% predicted by CoreLogic over the next twelve months:
Call 786.554.8063 or email us George@GeorgeAssal.com, WE are here to facilitate and help you during the process of buying, selling, or renting any real estate needs, which will result in reaching your financial goals quickly and with ease, visit our page www.GeorgeAssal.com
Things to consider when buying a home.
- 4 REASONS TO BUY A HOME NOW!
- YOU NEED A PROFESSIONAL WHEN BUYING A HOME
- HOME PRICES OVER THE LAST YEAR
- BUYING A HOME? CONSIDER COST NOT JUST PRICE
- WHERE ARE MORTGAGE INTEREST RATES HEADED?
- SHOULD I PAY A MORTGAGE INTEREST RATE OVER 4%?
- WHAT DO YOU REALLY NEED TO QUALIFY FOR A MORTGAGE?
- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE MORTGAGE PROCESS
- GETTING A MORTGAGE: WHY SO MUCH PAPERWORK?
- 217,726 REASONS TO BUY A HOME NOW
- THE REAL REASONS AMERICANS BUY A HOME
- RISING HOME PRICES & FAMILY WEALTH
- 5 REASONS TO HIRE A REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL
- REAL ESTATE AGAIN SEEN AS BEST INVESTMENT
- 4 DEMANDS TO MAKE ON YOUR REAL ESTATE AGENT
- WHEN IS IT A GOOD TIME TO RENT? DEFINITELY NOT NOW!
- THE COST OF RENTING VS. BUYING [INFO-GRAPHIC]
- HARVARD: 5 FINANCIAL REASONS TO BUY A HOME
Call us 786.554.8063 or email us George@GeorgeAssal.com, WE are here to facilitate and help you during the process of buying, selling, or renting any real estate needs, which will result in reaching your financial goals quickly and with ease, visit our page www.GeorgeAssal.com
Thank you to those that have e-mailed us with questions and concerns about things to consider when buying a home, since we care about you, the ASSAL team has put together a guide called “Buying a Home – Buyer Guide”.
As we said it before, Why would you make one of your most important financial decisions of your life without hiring a Real Estate Professional?. The ASSAL team is here to help you, call us, We want to make sure you have all answers to those questions and/or concerns and most important to help you overcome your fears and reach your goal faster, (the goal is for you to buy your dream home) easier and with a smile on your face! Give us a call today at 786.554.8063 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org– you can count on our help every step of the way.